We have been married for 22 years today, May 22nd. Abbie says it's like a golden anniversary because it's our 22nd on the 22nd but really I looked it up and the gifts we are to give each other traditionally are copper. My hair is sort of copper color, does that count? Just kidding. But really we already celebrated in Big Sur last week. It was on my dream list to stay in the yurts at Tree Bones Resort. We did! It was everything I imagined it to be and more. We have driven through Big Sur a half dozen times on our way up to San Francisco and it's gorgeous but it's entirely different when you stay a few days and explore its beautiful trails. The image above was from our walk to McWay falls and I say walk because it was so simple, we just walked down a very small trail, through a tunnel and there it was in all it's glory. We even sat with a big, gigantic condor for a bit. I can't wait to work on a video of our trip and share it here. It may be just a while because my computer is chalk full of photo's and videos and will not let me upload our trips photos to its hard drive. I have been doing some house cleaning because of it. I really should try and clean up quarterly but I have pictures and photo's that date back to 2011. It's slightly overwhelming.
LIST of 22 things I love about Motorcycle Man. (I wanted to write more)
1. I love him more than he will ever know
2. I love how he is an early bird and makes our morning coffee each day
3. I love how he takes exceptionally good care of me
4. I love how he loves to take pictures of us as much as I like to take pictures of us
5. I love how he makes me laugh, it's the very best medicine
6. I love how he keeps our yard and my garden alive
7. I love how he hugs me so tight
8. I love our inside jokes
9. I love his amazing ability to remember names and make other people feel special
10. I love how he seasons and B.B.Q's really great dinners
11. I love that He loves God
12. I love that he put gas in my car and keeps it really super clean
13. I love how he adores our family and we are his world
14. I love how he will buy a burger for a person in need
15. I love how he doesn't hesitate to help a woman stranded on the busy L.A. freeway and push her car out of the traffic onto the shoulder, it makes me cry when he gets an applause from the on-lookers and other drivers.
16. The best part about the traffic incident is he recruits Austin to help and Dylan and Austin see this as an example of whats it's like to help someone in need.
17. He would never brag about himself. I love that too.
18. I love how he is the most giving person I know
19. I love how he listens to what I say
20. I love that he loves to cuddle and hold my hand
21. I love that he is careful when he rides his motorcycle, well his kind of careful anyway
22. I love that God placed us together and that we were made for each other
Gosh I could go on with this list but I'm honoring the number 22 today.